The EvoLLLution® is an online newspaper exclusively for and by those who understand higher education best. We publish articles and interviews by individuals across the postsecondary space sharing their insights on higher education and their opinions on what the future holds for the industry—all through a uniquely non-traditional lens.
Individuals everywhere are retooling, reorganizing and rethinking their way into the 21st century. However, for years, the true innovators in the postsecondary space have been working independently; siloed and unable to communicate with one another.
Modern Campus is driving radical transformation for colleges and universities across North America and around the world. We’re higher education experts laser-focused on helping institutions engage modern learners in a rapidly transforming market. With Modern Campus, colleges and universities can engage students at every stage of their learning journey, while providing staff the tools to work efficiently and effectively. Trusted by nearly 2000 colleges, universities and education providers, Modern Campus is reframing the status quo for the higher education industry. Modern Campus founded The EvoLLLution as a means of bringing together the individuals responsible for the ideas and innovation that helps transform industries.
With over 60,000 monthly visitors, The EvoLLLution has become the go-to source for opinions and information on non-traditional higher education. What makes us unique is that we do not have a staff of reporters or writers. Instead, we work with over 2,500 contributors—who are college deans, state system presidents, working adults, hiring managers, government officials and everyone in-between. Our contributors write their own articles, so information on The EvoLLLution is always unfiltered and straight from the people who understand higher education best.
Please enjoy the content on The EvoLLLution. Don’t forget to subscribe to our weekly newsletter and, if this is your first time on the site, please visit the Start Here page to get a feel for the content we publish.
The Fundamental Shift in Higher Education
Once in a lifetime
Single institution credit recognition
Knowledge for knowledge sake
Cohort of one
Lifelong pursuit of knowledge
Universal outcome acceptance
Knowledge for employability
Watch our video to learn more
To unite the lifelong learning community to provoke ideas, re-imagine education, inspire collaboration and create action to lead the transformative change in higher education.
Our Guiding Principles
- The traditional higher education model does not meet the needs of today’s society, meaning we must rethink its identity.
- For better or worse, competition and commoditization are key contributors to the changing higher education landscape.
- Technology is central to change at all levels of higher education.
- Many of the most forward-thinking innovations and ideas in higher education have — and will continue to — come from divisions that serve non-traditional students.
- Successful higher education management hinges on efficient business practices.
- We use the term ‘non-traditional’ because it is widely understood. However, we hesitate to define this group by what they are not because ‘non-traditional’ practices and policies embody the future of higher ed.
- All of our content comes from individuals active in the higher education field because the people on the ground are the people who know best.
- While The EvoLLLution has a distinct perspective, we know that a well-rounded discussion needs numerous viewpoints. Therefore, we strive to provide a supportive platform for contributors to share their stories, opinions and experiences.